SHOP LOCAL GIFT VOUCHERS
We have teamed up alongside over 150 other local businesses to promote the Shop Local Gift Vouchers. A great initiative to help support local businesses. So you can now use your Shop Local vouchers to purchase memberships or Spa Treatments. Here is some information on Shop Local Vouchers.
“Shop Local Gift Vouchers” ideal for Family & Friends!
Now with approx. 150 participating outlets Shop Local Gift Vouchers are the ideal gift of choice for occasions such as Retirements, Birthdays and Christmas Bonuses and Staff Rewards!.
This is money which is guaranteed to be spent in Dundalk and surrounding areas and will help support local business and jobs. By replacing a cash bonus with Shop Local Gift Vouchers you will be giving your employees more than double their bonus! The Gift Vouchers come in €10, €20 and €50 denominations and are valid for two years. You can spend them in more than 150 shops including hair salons, restaurants, toy shops, food and drink, travel agents and much more- all your needs are catered for! Click on the link https://www.dundalk.ie/vouchers
- Remember there is no commission on this voucher –€100 is worth €100 and costs €100. By buying these vouchers you are keeping local jobs in Dundalk – jobs where family and friends are employed.
- The Chamber makes no money on this initiative –So we are sincerely asking you. If you are planning to giving staff bonuses this Christmas or buying presents for your family, then buy local and buy the Shop Local Voucher and help Dundalk Retailers to stay in business, and assist with the revitalising our town.
- Other Chambers have run these voucher for the past number of years for eg Letterkenny sold €750,000 last year, With Mullingar selling €120,000
- Dundalk has sold almost €200,000 –so come on— get behind this initiative, keep the town moving forward in 2016 buy shop local vouchers and support your local Retail!
Employers save yourself 56% on rewarding your staff!
Would you like to reward your staff with a €500 tax free payment? The good news is that you are entitled to give one each and every year.
Under the Small Benefits Exemption Scheme, company directors and employees can receive a non-cash bonus of up to €500 in value on a completely tax free basis each year. As the payment must be in a non-cash form, the most common way to avail of this scheme is by purchasing gift vouchers. Shop Local Gift Vouchers can assist you save money by taking advantage of the Government Small Benefit Exemption Scheme. Employers can save 56% on staff rewards now by giving employees a Shop Local Gift Voucher instead of cash. This has been increased from €250 to €500 this Christmas!
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
The important conditions to be aware of are:
- The gift voucher must be purchased from company funds e.g. from the company bank account or company credit card. The director or employee cannot purchase a voucher themselves and seek reimbursement from the company.
- A voucher can be purchased for each individual only once per year, even if you do not take the full €500. For example, you cannot take a voucher of €150 earlier in the year and take a further €100 later in the year. The scheme allows for one voucher per year up to the value of €500. Therefore to maximise the tax relief available, you should take the full €500 voucher.
- You can avail of the scheme once each year, so put a reminder in your calendar to make sure you don’t forget to claim next year too!
Cash Vs. Shop Local Gift Vouchers
|BONUS OF €500 PAID
THROUGH PAYROLL SYSTEM
|BONUS OF €500 PAID IN
SHOP LOCAL GIFT VOUCHERS
|Cash Per Employee||€500.00||Cash Per Employee||500.00|
|PAYE & USC (At higher rate)||€479.59||PAYE & USC (At higher rate)||NIL|
|Employee PRSI||€40.82||Employee PRSI||NIL|
|TOTAL GROSS PAY||€1020.41||TOTAL GROSS PAY||500.00|
|Employer’s PRSI||€109.69||Employer’s PRSI||NIL|
|TOTAL COST TO EMPLOYER||€1130.10||TOTAL COST TO EMPLOYER||500.00|
|Net Benefit to Employee||€500.00||Net Benefit to Employee||500.00|
The gift voucher is also a fully deductible business expense for your company.
If you haven’t availed of the Small Benefit Exemption Scheme so far in 2015, make sure you do before 31 December and use Shop Local Gift Vouchers for this.
The “Shop Local Gift Vouchers” are available to purchase online on www.dundalk.ie/vouchers or directly from the Dundalk Chamber Offices in Unit 4 Partnership Court ( Just across the road from Dundalk Lighting) we are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday right through lunch or you can order them over the phone by calling Tel: 042 9336343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At weekends or in the evenings you can also buy them in Grants Newsagents in Dublin St., Cuchulainn Credit Union, Central News Clanbrassil St., McCuskers Newsagents in Earl St. Centra in Blackrock, Finnegan’s in Louth, Sheelan’s Riverstown, McCrystals in Jenkinstown and Valentines XL Carlingford.